Today we are lucky to have a guest writer! Good Nelly! I know you will love her tips about healthy eating. If you want to hear more from her please head over to her Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or her website; My Way of Viewing!
Author’s Bio: Good Nelly, primarily a financial writer, has started a blog to share her life’s experiences with others. She loves to shift her focus to lot of other things in life apart from finance; and, healthy living as a part of her recent venture.
By the name “healthy food”, we often feel that it’s difficult to choose such foods and they’re not at all tasty. However, it’s time to break this notion. You shouldn’t opt for healthy eating to become thin in order to fit into a dress. It’s all about feeling great from within. Healthy eating makes you energetic and uplifts your mood, too.
Here are a 10 easy tips to choose healthy living; that is, primarily eating healthy food.
- Try to include lots of fruits and vegetables in your diet – It is known to everyone that it’s healthy to eat fruits and vegetables. You should have a variety of them since they contain different combinations of minerals and vitamins. You can try out different combinations like salads, juices, to have adequate fruits and vegetables in your regular diet.
- Add lots of fiber in your diet – Foods high in dietary fiber help you feel full and also make you healthy by reducing weight and lowering heart disease – just to name a few of the benefits. So, to include fibers in your diet, choose whole grains, oatmeal, nuts, fruits, vegetables, etc.
- Make the right changes in your meals – You should replace unhealthy foods in your diet with healthy alternatives. For example, fats are not bad; but, you should replace trans fats with healthy fats. Are you wondering how can you do it? One way you can do it is to opt for grilled chicken instead of fried chicken.
- Have smaller portions of food if required – If you’ve been eating more in one sitting, try to reduce your portions. One of the ways to do so is to reduce the size of your plate. When eating out, you can choose a starter instead of an entree. You can also split a dish with a friend; this way, you can save money, too.
- Make your plate colorful – Try to make your plate colorful with fruits and vegetables. Isn’t it fun to do so? The colored vegetables and fruits have higher concentrations of minerals, vitamins and antioxidants. You can search for various options. For example, when you’re selecting greens, look for broccoli, cabbage, mustard greens, kale, etc. Doing so, you also won’t have to eat the same things every day. Similarly, there are a variety of fruits available in the market. When shopping for grocery, fill your basket with a variety of colorful fruits.
- Do not make your stomach full – Dieticians are of the view that you should stop eating before you start feeling full. Actually, our brain takes some time to tell us that we’re full. So, never hurry while eating food. Relax and have your food. It is also quite necessary to enjoy your food. Try not to eat in front of a TV; it can make you eat more.
- Reduce intake of sugar in your diet – Will you be satisfied knowing that you don’t take sugar with your tea or coffee? It’s good. But, are you aware of the hidden sugar in your diet? Yes, you should also consider that. The fruit juice you’re having may contain sugar. If you’re having processed or packaged foods, they might also contain hidden sugar. You may also avoid having added sugar by switching to healthier snacks like fruits, natural peanut butter, over chocolates and candies. Another thing, always check the labels of the items you’re buying so that you choose products with low sugar content.
- Do not make yourself thirsty – We require a good quantity of water to sustain ourselves. Some doctors are of the view that there’s no need to have lots of water, but at the same time, you shouldn’t feel thirsty. Water keeps you hydrated.
- Judge yourself how you feel after eating – You yourself will see that the more healthy food you eat, the better you’ll feel after a meal. After you have a junk food, you’ll notice that you feel drained of energy, whereas, eating a healthy food will make you feel energetic.
- Skipping breakfast is a sin – How many times in a week do you skip breakfast with the alibi that you don’t have time? Make a promise to yourself that you won’t give such excuses from now on. If you’re in a hurry, try some easy-
to-make breakfast which you can have fast or pack them with you.
Get up and be active! Yes, this is one of the most important things along with eating healthy food to live a healthy life. I’m sure there must be one activity which you really like doing – be it running, cycling, swimming and so on. If you haven’t been doing any such activity on a regular basis, just start one and feel yourself the changes in your body and mind. So, start your journey towards living a healthy life.